OWFS 1-Wire File System
Questions? Read/Subscribe to the list server.
OWFS is an easy way to use the powerful 1-wire system of Dallas/Maxim.
OWFS is a simple and flexible program to monitor and control the physical environment. You can write scripts to read temperature, flash lights, write to an LCD, log and graph, ...
| Files: |
- Inexpensive devices, simple wiring, parasitic power
- Unique addresses, individually addressable
- USB, serial and i2c adapters
- Mature technology, consulting and aftermarket support
- iButton steel sealed devices
- New fancy 3rd-party designs
- Temperature, thermocouples
- Humidity, LCD, pressure, counters
- Memory, encryption
- Voltage, current, logic
- Weather (wind, humidity, UV, temperature).
- Filesystem access ( i.e. 10.001122334/temperature ) (owfs)
- Web access (owhttpd)
- Remote network access (owserver)
- Direct language support for perl, python, php, tcl, Java, C (libow, ownet)
- Embedded appliances: Linksys router, NSLU2, FOX
- Bootable CD
- Supported on i386, MIPS, ARM, Coldfire, Linux, OSX, Windows (Cygwin), FreeBSD
- FREE, under the GPLv2 license
- FUN, hobby projects, neat hacks
- Home automation
- Environmental monitoringl